Cylvia is founder and CEO of 3EStrategies, a clean economy consulting firm. She is a Fellow and on the Board of Directors of the American Leadership Forum Oregon. Cylvia has 23 years of professional experience in sustainable energy, economic development, green jobs, green building and sustainable forestry and agriculture. Cylvia co-chaired the Oregon Renewable Energy Working Group which developed Oregon’s Renewable Energy Standard, Renewable Fuels Standard and other clean energy policies.
Cylvia has been honored as a Top 50 Leader in Oregon by Oregon Business Magazine, a Top 40 Under 40 by Cascade Business News and as a Central Oregon Earth Star. She has a Master’s degree in Environmental Studies from Evergreen State College.
Hayes is author of:
- Green Jobs Growth Plan: An Eight Year Map to a Green Economy in Oregon.
- An Analysis of Clean Energy Workforce Needs and Programs in Oregon, which has been named a national best practice by the U.S. EPA.
- Roadmap to Increasing Sustainability Measures and Fiscal Viability within the Energy and Weatherization Programs: Serving Working Families in a 21st Century Economy.
- Building a 21st Century Sustainable Economy, published in Just Below the Surface: Perspectives on the Gulf Coast Oil Spill.
- She is a regular contributor to Grist and Huffington Post.
In her role as First Lady of Oregon, Cylvia is leading the Oregon Prosperity Initiative working to stamp out poverty and hunger. She is a policy advisor to the Governor on the issues of clean energy and economic development.